With this injector, the magnetic coil and the control valve have been installed low down. This does away with the long and slow valve control piston. This in turn results in much shorter shifting times for the solenoid valve.
- Injection valve in initial position,
- Start of injection phase 1 (control valve is lifted)
- Start of injection phase 2 (nozzle needle is lifted)
- End of injection phase 1 (spring closes control valve)
- End of injection phase 2 (nozzle needle is pushed back into place)